Home Security Equipment Helps Safeguard Your Home and Loved Ones
While there are certainly many precautions you can take to help keep your home safe, there are limits to what you can do on your own.
When homeowners sign up with home security companies, they receive professional, around–the–clock home monitoring from one or more monitoring centers. Certain home security equipment helps keep home security systems connected to these monitoring centers through services and devices such as digital cellular technology, two–way voice technology and home security cameras.
With cellular backup technology, home security systems rely on cell towers to transmit signals from one's home to one of the monitoring facilities. Homeowners who don't have landlines in their home will usually sign up for a home monitoring plan with this feature.
Two–way voice technology gives homeowners the ability to speak directly with a security dispatcher through the main control panel (or keypad) over an intercom. This piece of home security equipment has a limited range that will allow communication from different rooms around the home.
Stay connected with home security cameras and home automation
With all the functions that come with smartphones, it's no surprise there are applications that let users manage their home security systems — and more — with just a few taps on a screen. Home automation connects homeowners to their alarm systems through the use of a mobile device, like a smartphone or tablet.
You can do things like adjust your thermostat settings, turn the lights on if you get home after dark, or arm your system remotely if you forget to when you leave the house. Another innovative type of home security equipment is represented by wireless home security cameras, which make home monitoring and surveillance convenient and accessible.
Of course, home security companies aren't the only ones that can take part in monitoring your home. You can see real–time activity when you have security cameras integrated into your home security system.
Benefits of home security equipment and home monitoring
Home security systems offer homeowners a reliable and convenient way to keep their homes safe. Home security equipment fits seamlessly into your home and your lifestyle, with wireless technology. This means you won't have a complicated installation process and you can manage your system with ease using features like a wireless remote keychain or access your system and home security cameras remotely with mobile devices.
- 24–hour monitoring — As a customer with a professional home security provider, you'll receive around–the–clock monitoring from a monitoring center (or centers). Trained security professionals are alerted if your alarm is triggered and can dispatch the proper help on your behalf or communicate directly with you if your system has two–way voice technology.
- Cost — Purchasing home security systems through one of the many home security companies might seem like a pricey investment, but it's a worthwhile purchase that helps protect your home, valuables and most importantly, your family and peace of mind, which are both priceless. You may also find promotional offers and deals on home security installation, or discounts on your homeowners insurance.
- Advanced technology — Home security equipment is not only easy to use, but it also helps monitor parts of your home and detects hazards such as fire, carbon dioxide and home intrusion. Customize your system with features including home security cameras and home automation for added protection and added security.
Professional and user–friendly home security equipment
Home security companies usually offer their clients a selection of packages that range in price and capabilities. Homeowners can purchase additional options such as home security cameras, home automation functions and cellular backup technology (if you don't have a landline).
Most come with easy–to–use, durable equipment with components like:
- A digital keypad
- Entryway contacts
- A motion detector
- A wireless keychain remote
- Additional home monitoring sensors for smoke, carbon monoxide, extreme temperatures and flooding.